Sunday, August 11, 2013

When You Have Absolutely Nothing of Interest to Say!

By Tom Morrow

  For nearly 20 years I wrote a daily newspaper column for coastal readers while at the Blade-Citizen, ala North County Times. Most days I had plenty to write about, and on those days I was scratching for something of substance, I always managed to come up with something. It was amazing how some readers thought particular "trivial" efforts were among their favorites.
  
  Go figure.
  
  Of late, I've been getting compliments from readers on this new effort. I guess I think I still have something to add to society --sometimes I try to get circumspect about absolutely nothing. Today is one of those occasions where I really have a blank mind. Oh, I could throw barbs at San Diego's mayor, but I no longer live in that city, so I'll leave that to better informed scribes.
  Rather than take up more of your time, I'll sign off and try to come up with something you'll want to read in a few days.

  BEFORE I GO -- A few weeks ago I lamented the fact we don't have a local daily newspaper here in our North County community. Well, I'm happy to report that Encinitas-based Coast News is doing yeoman effort in keeping us informed. While it's only once a week, it's well worth your time to pick up a free copy at one of the many news stands.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment