Saturday, October 12, 2013

Random Thoughts From a Frazzled Mind

By Tom Morrow

   AGE DISCRIMINATION? -- In my effort to sign up for a popular computer video calling program, my information kept being "rejected," saying that they "couldn't register" me. After a number of attempts I started looking closely at my stats. I knew my name was correct; my e-mail address was okay. I was pretty sure my sex was right, and I certainly knew my date-of-birth. So I started playing with my stats. Finally, I changed my year of birth from "1939" to "1959." Voila! It went through. I guess if you're 74, they figure you're to dotty to negotiate their video program. I realize that my mug probably won't come over on the receiving screen as handsome as I would if I were 20 years younger.

   LET IT SINK OR SWIM -- The Republicans are making a big mistake by being so stubborn over this mess in Washington. We all know they'll cave in the end. Meanwhile the voters are getting P.O.ed at them. I say leave the so-called "ObamaCare" alone and let it run it's course. If it works or fails, it was the Dems that shoved it through and the Supreme Court signed off on it. It's the law of the land. If it fails big time, which I believe it, it'll be the Dems who'll take the heat. As time draws closer to the 2014 Mid-Term elections, the GOP is likely to be remembered as "obstructionists" instead of "constructionists" -- to their determent.

   NEW MYSTERY NOVEL -- My latest novel, "Haunted Bones," has just been released and is available at Amazon.com and Inkwellproductions.com. The story is set in Oceanside where a series of mummified bodies are discovered in an old seaside resort hotel that is being torn down. Okay, so I stretched things a bit. There were two old seaside resorts built in the late 19th century and early 20th century, but both have been gone for many years. Still, it makes for an interesting murder mystery to be solved by two of Oceanside Police Department's homicide detectives.

   ADD BOOKS -- Speaking of books, you can find the works of more than 80 authors, yours truly included, online at www.inkwellproductions.com. If you go to that website, click on the "Affiliate" button at the top of the Home page and learn how anyone can earn money with no investment. If you're interested in the program and sign up, use my name as the "Referring Affiliate."

Until next time, stay tuned...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment